Back at home, lots to do.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

I am not going to apologize for being away so long. I might choose to apologize to people who are waiting for email replies from me. We'll play it by ear.

We're recently back from a weeklong stay in New York, specifically on Long Island. We hardly got into the five boros at all, frankly, outside of trips fro and to the airport. Still, it was loads of fun: there's the food (of course, always the priority in my mind--Eddie's, bagels, Chinese, Green Cactus, and of course Thanksgiving dinner), the family and friends, and Sam playing with his cousin, also around one year old, from out in California. It's a shame cousins so close in age will spend so much of their youth so far apart. Still, though, fun.

The flight back with the very tired and restless and loud Sam? Not so fun.

There's some book news about to break as well (personal appearances, a trailer, final cover . . . boring stuff like that), but for now it's under my hat. I will announce right now that, beginning with an exciting guest post in the next few days, I'll be holding a contest here at the Exile. The winner will receive an ARC of The Absolute Value of -1, signed not only by moi, but also but several Tenners. If all goes according to plan, the signers will be the same Tenners whose guest posts I'll be hosting. Details to follow this week!

Comments

2 Responses to “Back at home, lots to do.”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Kangaroo B said...

By 'Chinese' did you mean Jade King? Don't be ashamed. You can tell me.

November 30, 2009 at 6:22 AM
Steve Brezenoff said...

I grew up a mere three blocks from the JK. I know it well. That's why we always go to Hunan Taste.

November 30, 2009 at 6:35 AM