Party down.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Today is my birthday. I am no longer a member of the coveted 18- to 35-year-old male demographic. So leave me alone, advertisers and survey takers!

To celebrate, thus far I have biked for about an hour, enjoyed a margherita pizza with spiced salami and arugula (my new favorite pizza topping) from Punch, and have now settled in at Caribou with an iced mocha and nothing but time. (Shout out to MIL for babysitting today so I can take my traditional "computer on my back, hop on the bike, and see where the day takes me" birthday.)

Gifts: Beth and Sam gave me their excellent gifts last night. From Sam, a combo DVD/VHS player. Sounds weird, I know. The gift from the nineties! But keep in mind that I have a huge collection of VHS tapes up in the attic -- including the last VHS release of the original Star Wars trilogy before Georgie added crap -- that I haven't been able to watch in years. So now I will. And I will make Beth watch the original Star Wars trilogy! WHICH SHE HAS NEVER SEEN.

From Beth, two months of WoW time. Shut up.

Comments

5 Responses to “Party down.”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

It sounds like your off to a wonderful start! Have a happy rest of the day. In fact, celebrate all weekend! :-)

May 14, 2010 at 12:52 PM
Sherry said...

Happy Birthday Steve, enjoy your dvd/vhs player and your WoW time. You can never have enough WoW time! :)

May 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM
Kangaroo B said...

Funny. I too purchased the original original trilogy when I heard that they were going to be "updated". Except I didn't bother buying Return of the Jedi, because I thought it paled in comparison to ANH and Empire. But then the prequels came. Now RTJ seems like Citizen Kane.

May 14, 2010 at 8:23 PM
Emily Harris said...

Happy Birthday! And seriously, how is it even possible that Beth has never seen Star Wars?!? What?

May 15, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Steve,

I hope you had a lovely birthday weekend. I was so curious when I saw your name and saw that you were from MN...Your wife, Beth, is so nice!

May 16, 2010 at 3:44 PM