Release Party

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The release celebration and reading of The Absolute Value of -1 was last Thursday, September 23. It went well! Here is some photo evidence that it occurred, thanks to Jodi.


At the reading, I read one chapter from each major narrator (reading Lily was way more difficult than I thought it would be, by the way. When it came time to start reading Noah, with all his ridiculousness, it was a huge relief), then answered a few excellent questions. My wife's grandparents sat right in the front row, and did not flinch at the dozens of F bombs dropping from the lectern. So yay!

There were also black-and-white cookies, that New York dessert staple, and a box of red wine, which apparently some people didn't notice. More for me! Kidding. I only had like ten cups. Kidding again! I only had one.

The turn-out was excellent, and I hope I can do another event at Magers & Quinn soon. They're great. I do wish I'd taken a photo from the lectern, but next time I'll remember. Oh, and M&Q video'd the thing, and the sound might be very low, but we'll see. More to follow if it's at all watch-worthy.

Anyway, big thanks to everyone who showed up! Good lookin' out.

Comments

3 Responses to “Release Party”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Mindi Scott said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Steve.

As you know, I've been stressing about doing this. And my narrator is a boy who I sound very silly reading aloud.

September 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM

How cool for you! I cannot wait for my first reading. Tina's "review" of your reading was most intriguing.

September 26, 2010 at 7:29 PM
Tina Laurel Lee said...

Awesome. Love the photo. You seemed comfortable to me. In fact I love how you handled Lily and the F-bombs!

September 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM