"Just like starting over."

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year.

We brought it in with dinner at Punch and a Twilight Zone marathon, as traditions dictates. (This is a fairly recent tradition, not my childhood tradition.)

The closest I came to setting some resolutions last New Year's was this post, and I got them both done, though not by the deadline I implied, I don't think. Anyway, the point is that YA MS the Third is now Brooklyn, Burning, and coming out next fall. YA MS the Second has been synopsized, and a draft completed, but . . . well, it wasn't what I wanted it to be. You might have seen this the other day:


Yeah, so. I'm resolving to not think about that for a little while. Still, I feel good about the decision. I've only written about 2000 new words on that project, but I like them, and I like the changes to the main character and her voice thus far.

Now, let's get to the important business: Let's call our new year Twenty Eleven, not Two Thousand Eleven, okay? Discuss.

THIS JUST IN: Congrats to local author Swati Avasthi and to fellow Tenner Tara Kelly on their CYBILS YA final list appearances!