In which yet another writer makes me want to quit

Monday, June 15, 2009

Apologies. I finished Liar like three days ago and never came back to tell you how much I freaking loved it right to death. Amazing! I was maybe ten or fifteen pages into part two when I was overcome with an urge to never do anything for the rest of my life but read this book.

So yeah. Loved it. Read it like your life depends on it*. (When I rave about a book, I freakin' rave about a book.)

My one problem is the cover, because the model used looks exactly nothing like the protagonist Micah, who is partially of African American descent and has very close-cut, kinky hair. Not remotely the person on the cover. Still, it's just a cover, and if it puts the book in more people's hands, I'm okay with it.

Anyway, not much other news. Dragged Sam to the Como Zoo and he still couldn't care less. The fact is, he'd rather admire Harry up close than an orangutan from fifty feet away. He did giggle at a bison, though I missed the joke there.

Got my first notes from Aforementioned Editor, too, by the way. On Friday, in fact. I've gone through them. I have a little work to do. I don't think anything too, too terribly difficult came up, so hopefully we're close to sending this bad boy out for (dun dun DUN) blurbs! I have a wish list. I'm not telling it to you.

*Important note: Liar will not be on sale until the very end of September of this year. My apologies, but your life will have to wait.

Comments

2 Responses to “In which yet another writer makes me want to quit”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Another book to add to the list. Thanks for the recommendation. I like how you weren't sure at first(last time you wrote about it)and now you are so sure.

June 16, 2009 at 11:56 AM
Micol Ostow said...

I had the exact same reaction to the book--couldn't put it down, took personal offense at the cover (despite the fact that it's GORJ).

Looking forward to SNOWBALL EFFECT--when is it out?

June 18, 2009 at 10:21 AM