Allow me to ramble and whine about T-shirts, please

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have several favorite T-shirts. Shall I name them? I shall:

Helmet (Meantime-era logo)
01000100 01000001 01000100
Space Invaders
Strong Bad I
Strong Bad II
Four Gregs
SAB
Rockford Spelling Bowl

That's all of them, in no particular order. But here's the thing: Helmet, due to intense wear, and Strong Bad I, due to my having worn it while painting Sam's bedroom, are no longer public appropriate. Clearly, I need to replace those shirts. But meanwhile, I haven't had the extreme pleasure of wearing my Helmet T-shirt in months.

I know!

I wear T-shirts all day, every day (writer lifestyle FTW!), barring some kind of fancy-shmancy social engagement, like a wedding, for which I obviously need to wear a shirt with a collar so the tie won't look silly. But meanwhile, I live in constant fear that my favorite shirts -- the ones still presentable -- will soon become worn and unwearable!

The solution is clearly to right now buy an extra of each of my favorite shirts. Does this sound like a good idea?

But more relevant: why am I wasting blog space and your time with this issue? Who knows.

Today, beginning at noonish, I will enjoy a surprise WYAOD. An hour or so of it will be for SAB work. But after that, I intend to attack YA MS the Third with a vengeance. Much revising needs to be done, and I'm the man for the job.

Ooh! And some friends have lent to Sam a cool little car thingy that lets him practice walking! Enjoy this video.



Comments

3 Responses to “Allow me to ramble and whine about T-shirts, please”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Beth said...

I think it's remarkable that your wife presented four of those favorite shirts to you. She knows you so well! She is clearly your soulmate.

Crap, you don't allow anonymous comments.

July 30, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Steve, this post made me laugh out loud. Thank you. I hope that the t-shirts bring you the best of luck, or whatever it is that favorite t-shirts are for. ;)

I'm also so glad to have found another breathing being from the Twin Cities on the blogosphere here -- you're the second!

I'll be by again soon.

July 30, 2009 at 6:59 PM
Steve Brezenoff said...

Thanks for reading, Weronika, and I'm glad to have made you laugh. Seems like you could use a good laugh today!

July 30, 2009 at 7:11 PM