FTM, revealed!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Finally, if you'll glance slightly to your right, the classified acronym has been revealed. Stone Arch Books newest series of chapter books, the Field Trip Mysteries, authored by yours truly, was so fun to write, so well designed and illustrated, I can hardly bear it. In fact, I'm in the middle of submitting the next four in the series!

Seriously, I just love the art by C.B. Canga. Get a load of these covers.





































In other news, edits on YA Novel the First are done! The manuscript, still untitled, is now being sent around for blurbs. My heart is inside out with apprehension and excitement. Aforementioned Editor and I will now discuss titles and cover ideas. I also want to note that the best titles that will come from my end of that conversation were thought up by Beth. She is much better at this than I am.

Oh, also we took this little trip out to New York to see fam and friends, so there was that. Boy, did I eat. Seriously. I can hardly remember anything else. Eddie's pizza, of course (twice actually), plenty of the more typical New York-style pizza, one hot dog from Papaya King, a burger and shake from COZY Soup and Burger (best shakes in the city, hands down), loads of bagels, and plenty of other great, great food. I don't want to think about it, because I'm pretty sure I gained twenty pounds over seven days. The airline should have charged me for an extra carry-on, I kid you not.

Comments

6 Responses to “FTM, revealed!”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Kangaroo B said...

Why no book about a field trip to Cold Spring Harbor? (Did East Hills Elementary take trips there too?) I've even got a title: "The mystery of the missing genome." It can have all sorts of mutants. The kids'll love it!

P.S. The Zoo cover is my favorite. The shadow is the best. Is that a fox? Do I have to read it to find out?

July 9, 2009 at 5:12 PM
Steve Brezenoff said...

I'm not sure we ever took that trip. Elementary school was a long time ago.

P.S. Yes, you do.

July 9, 2009 at 5:14 PM
Micol Ostow said...

Series looks so cute!

July 9, 2009 at 9:05 PM
jberk said...

These look really great! Congrats!

July 10, 2009 at 1:38 PM
Christy Raedeke said...

I would be freaking out if I saw four books that had my name on them! These look fantastsic! Congrats.

Are you still a July release? Even with your edits all done?

July 11, 2009 at 10:32 AM
Z-Kids said...