Meme

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Took this meme from John Green's blog; if it's good enough for him, it's certainly good enough for me. So, without further ado, a silly survey!

01. What's the last TV show you saw?
The Daily Show. I watch it on Hulu.com most mornings since we canceled the cable.


02. What are you wearing at the moment?
A black hoodie and jeans and my Skechers. It is, with very few exceptions, what I am always wearing.

03. Favorite Song of the Moment?
I've been listening to "Separate Beds," by Squeeze a lot. For some reason.

04. What is your favorite scent?
A tie between very old books and very new books.

05. What's your occupation? What do you do there?
I am a writer. Also, this question needs to be copyedited. I used to be a copy editor.

06. What do you drink the most?
Tea.

07. What is your favorite restaurant?
It varies. But as I've been particularly homesick for NYC lately, I'll choose Acapulco in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.

08. What will you be doing after finishing this?
Getting back to Lily's story. She's hella fun to write--and craaaazy! Who knew.

09. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A writer and a stay-at-home dad. Oh my--!

10. Your favorite romantic movie?
Somewhere in Time. You may slap me if you need to.

11. What's the least favorite thing about yourself?
I get too easily angry at inanimate objects and my dog.

13. What are your ideal qualities in a novel?
A new, provocative, accurate voice. The story is secondary, since we tend to repeat ourselves anyway.

14. What time do you usually go to bed?
9:30. Now who's old??

15. What's the meaning behind your LJ username/name/nicknames you go by?
brokenbuzz (RIP) is a combination of the titles of two songs I wrote, one ("Broken") being the first song I ever wrote, and the other ("Smoke and Buzz") being the last I'd written when I picked that screen name (1998, I think; like I said: old).

Now, back to Lily.