Winter cleaning

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Today is cleaning day here at the Brezenoff household. Beth's slaving in the bathroom right now, while I am on lunch break. Fear not; I do my part (vacuuming, dusting, some odd decluttering). We also took down the Christmas tree, which is a relief. I like it; don't get me wrong. I'm not about to get all anti-goy on this. Fact is, when I was a tot, I was jealous of many of the Christmas trimmings. I do get sick of seeing it, though, after a few weeks, and its placement makes everything else have to shift to one side a little. Now everything is back to normal.

I think after lunch, though, before I tackle the kitchen, I'm going to brave the cold and take Harry on a longish walk. It's sunny out, and I could use a little of the old vitamin D, believe you me. The winter continues to hammer away at my soul, so I better fight back when I have the constitution to do so.

This evening, I think it'll be Jake Maddox time; I'm behind on the next title (a football story), and it's due Tuesday. Eric Stevens's good name must live on.

Wednesday is looking like my big highlight this week. Various in-laws will be watching Sam for me for about five hours, and I intend to use every minute of that to work on YA MS the first. I have this ridiculous notion that I can get a draft finished before the end of the month. It's probably a pipe dream.

I am not watching football. Football is boring.

Comments

2 Responses to “Winter cleaning”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Micol Ostow said...

I want to hear more about your YA project!

January 5, 2009 at 8:08 PM
Steve Brezenoff said...

This is the one I met with AK about several weeks ago. You may have even read an early draft when I was whoring myself around at S&S, though that might have been after your time. The fiNagler enjoyed it, I know that much. So yeah, I guess it must have been after your time.

January 5, 2009 at 8:55 PM