Satellite Office, DBC

Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm at the DBC on University Avenue right now, working hard and getting through YA MS, the first. I'm pretty happy with what's coming out so far. Probably helps that I've returned for the moment to the main protagonist. Or antagonist, if you know him. Ha!

Anyway, had to drop a quick update, just because my stupid resolution calls for five updates a week, and hell if I'm going to blow it on day two, know what I'm sayin'?

I also dropped ninety-nine cents just now to buy Superchunk's "Driveway to Driveway." The opening riff was used on NPR for some strange reason, uncredited BTW, and I had to hear the whole thing. The Russian site didn't have it. Shock.

Harry pooped in our bed this morning. That's twice in a week. I think he's jealous of Sam finally. I guess we knew this would happen, though I didn't know it would take such a smelly and gross form.

Back to work. I'm excited about finishing this thing.

Comments

2 Responses to “Satellite Office, DBC”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

David Ostow said...

Russian site eh? I've heard about this. Maybe I heard about it on the Office. But is it real?

I've been a pet owner my whole life and trust me it doesn't take a newborn infant to make it poo in the house. If I were you I'd just watch out that it doesn't poo ON Sam because that would definitely be a sign.

So you keep talking about your YA MS but haven't said a whole lot about what it's all about. Or maybe you did before I started following your blog.

Give a brother some details!

Happy New Year, d

January 3, 2009 at 9:36 AM
Steve Brezenoff said...

happy new year to you too, d.

the YA MS, part one, is noted in some earlier posts (and your sister knows a little about it too). i don't like to give too much away about the story itself in this forum, but it's a YA (duh) about three high school sophomores, and love and death and taxes. It began as a first-person novella, essentially, and is shaping up to be a freakin' epic. we'll see.

January 3, 2009 at 10:41 AM